Easy High Protein Nut-Free Granola
We know some people just aren't fans of almonds, pecans, and their nutty friends. This granola has the same crunchy explosion of flavor, but without the nuts - and it still has a protein punch! Enjoy with your morning yogurt or on your favorite hiking trail.
Jump to Easy High Protein Nut-Free Granola Vegan Grocery List
Jump to Easy High Protein Nut-Free Granola Nutritional Analysis
Easy High Protein Nut-Free Granola Recipe
- 10 minutes prep
- Serves 16, ½ cup servings
- Suggested equipment: large baking sheet, parchment paper, large bowl, spatula
- 3 cup large flaked oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, chopped (divided)
- 1/2 cup large unsweetened coconut flakes
- 6 tbsp black sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- zest of 3 limes, chopped
- 1/2 cup tahini (the runny kind)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp orange blossom water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- ¼ cup protein/fiber powder, unsweetened vegan
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, sesame seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, cardamom, and the zest of two limes together in a bowl. Save the last tablespoon of lime zest to add after cooking.
- Mix the tahini, coconut oil, maple syrup, orange blossom water, salt, and protein powder together, then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix everything together until it’s evenly coated.
- Spread the granola on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown. At 15 minutes use a spatula and gently turn the granola over, trying to preserve the clusters.
- Let cool completely, then break up the granola clusters.
- Sprinkle the reserved chopped zest of one lime over the granola.
- Store in an airtight container.
For extra flavor, feel free to toss in a little extra cinnamon and cardamom.
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you have an article or recipe requests, let us know on our Facebook page: Your Vegan Family. While you're there, please like our page and share our posts!
Sign up for our newsletter at the top of the sidebar and we'll let you know when new articles are published!
If this Easy High Protein Nut-Free Granola recipe looks good, Pin It!
Written by Your Vegan Family
Stacy and Markus live an adventurous vegan lifestyle and write articles about their experiences cooking global vegan cuisine, creating businesses, raising vegan kids, and traveling through more than 65 countries. They earned degrees in molecular biology and acupuncture, consulted over decades for healthcare companies and individuals, created businesses in Asian medicine, eco-tourism, cultural immersion, and taught yoga in myriad venues.
We’ve learned a lot from eating a plant-based diet for 25 years and are eager to share more with you. Learn more on our About Us page.
Vegan Easy High Protein Nut-Free Granola Recipe Grocery List:
- large flaked oats
- pumpkin seeds
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- black sesame seeds
- chia seeds
- 3 limes
- coconut oil
- maple syrup
- tahini (the runny kind)
- orange blossom water
- unsweetened vegan protein/fiber powder
Easy High Protein Nut-Free Granola Recipe Nutritional Analysis
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutritional calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice. When exact ingredients are not available in this database, the closest substitution is made.
Percentages are based on a 2,000 calorie daily diet for an adult.
* Some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. If you use them and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment. You will not be charged extra for this. Thank you for your support!
Your SUCCESS begins with YOU!
Sign up for the High-Performance Health newsletter and learn how to:
Develop high-performance diet and lifestyle patterns that fuel your ideal life,
Show up with confidence in your capacity to up-level your business and income (studies show healthy people make an average of 37% more!)
Feel inspired to share more high-quality, active time with family and friends,
Never miss a nutrient with high-performance meals that help you and your family generate more energy, focus, and stamina, and
Have MORE TIME AND ENERGY to do MORE OF WHAT YOU LOVE.